It’s hard to admit that doing things that for years you have taken for granted are now more difficult to do, especially if that involves getting in and out of your chair. When the time comes for you to purchase your first electric recliner chair, if you’re anything like me, you’ll want the process to be as smooth and hassle free as possible.
With so many types and models to choose from it can be difficult to know where to start. Here in this useful guide, we’ve outlined 6 simple steps to help you choose your first electric recliner chair with ease:
Step 1. Work out your budget
The first thing to take into consideration when buying your riser recliner chair is your budget. How much are you willing to spend on your electric recliner chair? Once you have a clear budget in mind, make sure you stick to it!
>>Top tip: Remember that old saying ‘you get what you pay for’ well that applies to electric recliner chairs too. Before you grab yourself a “bargain” ask yourself why is this so cheap? Often it’s imported, fixed in size and only available in limited colour schemes. If you want your recliner to last the test of time a more expensive option could be better for you.
Step 2. Decide what type of electric recliner you need
After deciding on your budget it’s then time to consider the type of electric recliner that would suit your needs best.
Will you mainly watch TV and read in your riser recliner? If so, a single motor chair can recline to an angle of approximately 45 degrees and is great for leaning back in.
If you would like to sleep on your riser recliner or need help getting in and out of your seat, then a dual motor riser recliner would be better for you.
Asking yourself these questions beforehand will greatly help you come to the best decision.
Step 3. Find out how the electric recliner chair is made
Once you’ve decided on the type of riser recliner you would like its now time to find a retailer and consider how the recliner has been made.
Quality riser recliners should be the result of a developed manufacturing process (see how we make ours), made with their comfort, durability, and safety in mind. The end result is a piece of high quality furniture that will not only stand the test of time, but also provide the ultimate in support and comfort.
Step 4. Choose your style & fabric
Now is the exciting part of choosing your riser recliner style and fabric! You will need to consider the following:
- Style– when choosing a riser recliner, ask yourself – will I like this style in a few year’s time? Choose a modern classic style to ensure it will look great in your living room for years to come. View our stylish range here.
- Material-Which kind of material would work best for you- fabric or leather?
- Colour-Ensure that you pick a complement your living room and remember, the lighter the colour of your recliner, the more dirt will show (we’re looking at you grandchildren!)
- Fabric samples– Request a sample so you can get a taste of its texture and appearance
Step 5. Enhance your electric recliner
Are there any optional extras that you would like to add to your riser recliner that would make your chair even better? At Willowbrook you can choose from a variety of accessories including:
- Built in- massage- the perfect way to bring complete luxury and relaxation to your chair
- Head cushions and arm covers- provide extra protection for your riser recliner chair
- Storage pockets- keep everything you need conviniently to hand
- Reading lamp- If you enjoy to read in your recliner, this reading lamp is perfect
- USB port- ideal for charging your mobile phone or tablet device
Step 6. Consider protection plans
Last but not least, it’s time to consider the dreaded ‘I’ word- insurance!
Ensure that you choose a plan that will cover you for all possible spillages that could occur. Many reputable companies will offer various protection plans that will cover you for years.
And there we go: your 6 simple steps to choosing your first riser recliner chair. Now all you need to do is pick your favourite model. Take a look at our beautiful range of riser recliners for some inspiration today.