Do you ever wake up in the morning feeling tired with aches and pains? If so, it may be time to upgrade to an electric adjustable bed.
Due to their advanced inbuilt adjusting mechanism, Electric adjustable beds offer multiple advantages over normal beds. Read on to see how upgrading to an electric adjustable bed could help to improve your sleep:
1. Reduced aches & pain
Your body and spine are curved not flat. If you sleep on a flat mattress, gaps are created between your body and the mattress and you are left without support in those areas.
As a result, your own muscles will need to provide the support, meaning increased fatigue and aches and pains when waking – if you get to sleep at all that is!
An electric adjustable bed allows you to achieve a sleeping position that provides correct support to your body and spine.
2. Improved health
As well as being really comfortable, electric adjustable beds can offer multiple health benefits too.
- Arthritis & back pain: The ability to move your bed is perfect if you suffer from arthritis, back pain or other joint pains as you can adjust your bed to provide the most comfortable position.
- Pressure sores: An electric adjustable bed helps to distribute weight evenly across your body, thereby avoiding pressure sores – especially important if, through illness, injury or disability, you spend long periods of time in bed.
- Sciatica: Adjustable electric beds support the base of your spine which prevents nerves being trapped which can often lead to sciatic pain
- Swelling: Electric adjustable beds allow you to elevate certain body parts, which can help reduce swelling and pain.
3. Better sleep
Why move your body to suit your bed, when you can move your bed to suit your body?! An electric adjustable bed can improve your sleep by:
- Allowing you to easily change your positioning– Find a position that allows you to get to sleep quicker without having to toss and turn to find a more comfortable way to sleep.
- Improve your blood flow and circulation– This increases your oxygen levels so that when you fall asleep, you stay asleep.
- Reducing snoring– By elevating the head of the bed, you can reduce snoring of either yourself or your partner.
4. Complete convenience
Who said electric adjustable beds are just for sleeping?!
With an adjustable bed you can easily position yourself for optimum comfort whilst reading a book, watching television or using a laptop or digital device in bed- night or day!
This saves you putting any unnecessary strain on your back or arms, or propping up all your pillows to stay in an upright position.
Willowbrooks electric adjustable bed range
Willowbrook Mobility Direct have been at the forefront of electric adjustable bed design for over 20 years. As thousands of our customers would agree, our electric adjustable beds combine practicality, beauty and most importantly comfort. View the range of beds by clicking here