According to The Sleep Council, it’s not just about looks, but light, temperature, feel and even smell that are important in creating the perfect sleep environment.
Creating – and maintaining – the perfect sleep environment is an essential and logical part of achieving the best possible quality of sleep – something we can all appreciate is vital for health and well being.
A perfect sleep environment should be:
- Just the right temperature – between 16 and 18 degrees centigrade. Feeling too hot or too cold in the night can lead to restless sleep and wakefulness.
- Dark – Light is a common sleep ‘robber’ so investing in a good pair of well lined curtains which keep the light out and the room dark can be really helpful.
- Free from distractions – So lose the laptop, the mobile, the computer games, the television and anything else that is likely to distract from the serious business of sleep!
- Comfortable – And central to comfortable is a good supportive bed – the bigger the better (for less partner disturbance) and as good as the budget can stretch to: we spend a third of our life in bed so why compromise on the cost of a good night’s sleep? Click here to find out how our range of adjustable beds could help you to sleep more comfortably at night.
- Relaxing – The bedroom should be an oasis of calm and tranquility – uncluttered and devoted to the land of dreams.
By following these simple tips, you can help to create a better sleep environment, so you can wake up feeling refreshed and ready to face the day.