Good posture isn’t something that comes naturally to everyone. Especially after years of slumping. Poor posture doesn’t just simply look bad, though. It can have real negative consequences on your health and well-being too.
If you think your posture could do with some improvement while sat, but still need to relax and put your feet up, then a mobility chair could be the answer.
Problems With Poor Seating Posture
Poor posture in seating can have many undesired effects including:
- Aches & Pains– A poor seating posture leaves you prone to sitting in the wrong position on your chair, putting unnecessary strain on your muscles, leading to aches and pains.
- Breathing difficulties– Poor seating posture can cause bad blood circulation which can cause chest & lung infections
- Tiredness– Sitting incorrectly makes your muscles work harder to compensate, leaving you feeling tired
Mobility Chairs For Correct Seating Posture
Quality mobility chairs can offer positional relief for backache, arthritic and joint pain and a lot of this comes down to sitting in the correct posture:
- Seat depth– Correct space for spine and knee support. Weight is balanced along the spine, through the legs to the feet.
- Foot position– Correct overhang means the feet are not dangling, which can pressure the knees and add strain to the hips and lower back. Make sure your feet are comfortable on the floor.
- Seat height and width– Correct space – knees and thighs supported, supportive and not too tight or too wide, so your back is comfortable with no room to skew.
How a Willowbrook Mobility Chair Can Help
With the correct supportive cushioning, mobility chairs are extremely comfortable and ideal if you will be sitting in your chair for long periods of time.
To help you sit with the correct posture, Willowbrook chairs are built around your needs, and we take every little detail into consideration to make you as relaxed and supported as possible.